Experience You Can Trust
Buttonwood Capital Management is a joint venture formed in 2014 between Los Angeles based private equity firm, Triton Pacific, and Washington D.C. based merchant bank, Carillon Capital. The objective of Buttonwood is to acquire, operate and manage specialty finance companies – primarily those that are focused on serving the financing needs of small and medium sized businesses.
Buttonwood Capital Management LLC (“BCM” or the “Company”) is a Delaware chartered limited liability company formed in 2014 and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
BCM was funded and is being managed by principals of Triton Pacific Capital Partners, a Los Angeles based private equity firm, and Carillon Capital LLC, originally a Washington DC based advisory and merchant banking firm.
The Company’s primary strategy is on the acquisition, operation, and management of specialty finance enterprises engaged in diverse, yet complementary business activities focused on serving the financing needs of small and medium sized businesses (“SMB”).
The key management of BCM brings proven entrepreneurial experience and expertise in specialty finance, private equity, asset trading, asset management and technology from major firms such as E*Trade Financial, JPMorgan Chase, Barclays, Bank Boston amongst others.
BCM is also an early participant in the shift to technology-enabled financial product distribution for commercial loans.
- Buttonwood is co-managed by Tom Scott and Steve Dervenis.
- Structure combines the operational track record, depth and resources of both Triton Pacific and Carillon Capital organizations.
- BCM established with advantageous structure for long-term shareholder value creation.
- Focus on scalable specialty finance business models through targeted acquisitions and partnerships with experienced managers.
- Underserved market of SMB borrowers. Niche of borrowers <$5 MM financings across product types.
- Nascent marketplace lending/P2P model for SMB-focused financing solutions – limited product available, but significant investor demand.
- Organic growth driven by ability to leverage Buttonwood relationships and synergies between operating businesses.
- Acquisitions will establish new platforms and product offerings under Buttonwood.
- Interested in a broad range of financial products that address SMB market borrower needs.
- Actively seeking acquisitions of companies providing working capital loans, factoring, merchant cash advance, leasing and other niche financial products.
- Operating subsidiaries to be independently capitalized by BCM with investor partners – anticipate use of on and off-balance sheet structures to maintain flexibility.